Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother Nature everywhere!

Spring is here.... well, it's officially been here for several weeks but just recently it seems every time I turn around there's some animal sneaking up on me or flowers blooming. Very exciting! I have to remember to keep my camera with me at all times. Unfortunately some of these were taken with the camera on my phone and are a little fuzzy. :(

Mamas everywhere!

It's hard to see but there's a mama cardinal hiding in the bush. Her eyes and beak are barely visible. She has 3 little eggs. Being that this is St. Louis, it seemed only fitting to name the babies after our favorite Cardinals players: Molina, Holliday and Berkman. Go Cards!





Mama deer outside my office window. There are 3 or 4 of them living back there.











This mama bunny once again set up camp in the middle of my backyard, just like last fall. Sad story is I went out to cut the lawn not knowing they were there. Don't worry, I didn't get them with the lawnmower but I do think I stepped on one of them. He didn't make it. :( But there were 3 more running about and they all seem fine. I just hope they find their way back to their hole and their mama. I laid some carrots out yesterday for them as a treat. =)











I ignored my rose bush last fall and was a little worried about the results I would have this spring. But it seems very happy. Lots of roses in bloom!










I don't exactly have a green thumb and I'm terrible about remembering flower names. If you know what these are feel free to chime in. I just enjoy watching their blooms spiral out.














I love the water drop in the middle of the flower. Ummm.... maybe this will be a painting to add to my to-do list.










Found this guy on our back porch. I love the fact that the "eyes" (4 total) are actually holes. My S.O. stuck his foot in the photo so you could tell just how big this moth was... a good 5-6 inches.










Found this guy at Lowe's while we were looking at pavers for the patio. It seems like a oxymoron to say it was a beautiful moth. They're usually so blah and ugly. But it's a beautiful, bright green and while it's hard to see, the edges are all lined in pink.









A sunset at the ballpark after a day of storms. If April showers bring May flowers, what do May showers bring???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... ***I love to display my designs and directions. And I love for everyone to share but please do so with integrity. All writing, photography and illustration on DIY Vintage Chic by Becca Diestelkamp-Woodham is a copyright of ©DIY Vintage Chic 2011-2013 unless indicated otherwise. Photographs (ONLY one) may be used if provided with a link to this website. DO NOT REPOST PARTS OF OR ALL OF MY VERBIAGE VERBATIM IN YOUR BLOG, PLEASE JUST PROVIDE A LINK TO MY SITE. All posts must have a credit of my full blog name and link at the TOP of the post and the bottom. ***