Vintage Clock
I've been wanting a HUGE clock forever. Finally I made one!
![]() |
| Check out how I did! |
![]() |
| Wall Clock ~ $229 |
Materials:
18" Circle Pine Board
Paint ~ Brown & White {I used acrylic}
Elmer's Glue ~ If you want a crackle finish
Clock Making Parts ~ I found one at Hobby Lobby. $20 and I used a 40% off coupon
Images ~ Numbers and any other images printed in reverse {I used Word to create my Roman Numerals}
Mod Podge
Both images were found on The Graphics Fairy
![]() |
| Vintage Eiffel Tower |
![]() |
| French Ephemera |
![]() |
| Read through the instructions to your Clock Making Kit. |
Paint your board brown
![]() |
| This will be the background color |
![]() |
| I learned this crackle technique from Make The Best of Things |
![]() |
| Pretty cool! |
![]() |
| You can see here my original images were on the Ink Jet. Not as dark as the Laser Jet makes them |
![]() |
| Wet the paper until you can see the image |
![]() |
| Don't rub too hard. This is a long process. But don't worry if a little of the image comes off. It'll look a vintage this way |
![]() |
| You can see my stages here: The red circle is the 2nd round at peeling. The yellow circle is the 1st round. You can tell after it dries a little where there's more paper to peel. |
![]() |
| Paris |
![]() |
| A closeup of the Eiffel Tower |
![]() |
| I believe I used Birch Std Regular for the font |
![]() |
| Follow the instructions from the package |
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up with: Salt Tree's Open Call Tuesday.
***While
I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad,
these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and
see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into
these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to
create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling
an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please
always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***
Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.
I've been wanting a HUGE clock forever. Finally I made one!
![]() |
| Check out how I did! |
![]() |
| Wall Clock ~ $229 |
Materials:
18" Circle Pine Board
Paint ~ Brown & White {I used acrylic}
Elmer's Glue ~ If you want a crackle finish
Clock Making Parts ~ I found one at Hobby Lobby. $20 and I used a 40% off coupon
Images ~ Numbers and any other images printed in reverse {I used Word to create my Roman Numerals}
Mod Podge
Both images were found on The Graphics Fairy
![]() |
| Vintage Eiffel Tower |
![]() |
| French Ephemera |
![]() |
| Read through the instructions to your Clock Making Kit. |
Paint your board brown
![]() |
| This will be the background color |
![]() |
| I learned this crackle technique from Make The Best of Things |
![]() |
| Pretty cool! |
![]() |
| You can see here my original images were on the Ink Jet. Not as dark as the Laser Jet makes them |
![]() |
| Wet the paper until you can see the image |
![]() |
| Don't rub too hard. This is a long process. But don't worry if a little of the image comes off. It'll look a vintage this way |
![]() |
| You can see my stages here: The red circle is the 2nd round at peeling. The yellow circle is the 1st round. You can tell after it dries a little where there's more paper to peel. |
![]() |
| Paris |
![]() |
| A closeup of the Eiffel Tower |
![]() |
| I believe I used Birch Std Regular for the font |
![]() |
| Follow the instructions from the package |
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up with: Salt Tree's Open Call Tuesday.
***While
I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad,
these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and
see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into
these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to
create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling
an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please
always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***


















EXCELLENT! I have been wanting to do this, myself, as well. Now I have the confidence to repeat your steps with perhaps my own choice of french design - just to be different! Yours is beautiful and you have placed the roman numerals very well.
ReplyDeleteMary in Oregon
blukazam@yahoo.com
Thanks for stopping by Mary. Let me know how your clock turns out!
DeleteWhat a great idea! You should be bragged on:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the technique!
Sumaya
http://Evocative-Vintage.blogspot.com
Love your blog Sumaya. Great ideas!
DeleteThanks for your help, great work here.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI love this!!! fabulous! Where do you find circular boards that large, I feel like the ones I see in local craft stores are always much too small
ReplyDeleteYou should be able to find them at a hardware store in the lumber section
DeleteExcellent website, congratulations for what you're doing here.
ReplyDeleteI love clocks! This is great! :) I am collecting vintage clocks and I've always wanted to make a clock of my own... -Mika
ReplyDeleteeasy tips , amazing idea !
ReplyDeleteThose images look fantastic, I love antique clocks!
ReplyDeleteThanks Will!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete