Color Image Transfer

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.

You asked for it so here it is! YES, you can transfer color images.

A number of you have asked since I posted the Transfer Image to Wood tutorial if it's possible to transfer color images. I transferred the image above and was a little excited to see the results {which is why the edges are a little shredded}. Use the same process as you did in the Transfer Image to Wood with a black and white image. And remember to use a laser printer for your color image.
This pic is for my hubby!
I did notice on this pic that Will Farrell's nose was a little runny {get it?} but I'm not positive why it happened. I'll have to try a few more experiments to see if it happens again and why.

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Linking up with: Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday, The Thrifty Home's Penny Pinching's Party, Crafty Spices' Wordless Wednesday, Lady Behind the Curtain's Cast Party Wednesday, My Girlish Whims' Your Whim Wednesday, Someday Crafts' Whatever Goes Wednesday, Craftionary's Link Party, French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday, Common Ground's Be Inspired, Redoux Interiors' Link Party, Shabby Art Boutique's Shabbilicious Friday, The Cottage Market's Junkin Joe Features, The Charm of Home's Home Sweet Home, raft-O-Maniac's Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Pursuit of Functional Home's Pin It Monday, I Should Be Mopping the Floor's Mop It Up Monday, SaltTree's SaltTree Social, Knick of Time's Knick of Time Tuesday, Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Not Just a Housewive's Show Me What Ya Got, A Stroll Thru Life's Inspire Me Tuesday, Sugar Bee Crafts' Take-A-Look Tuesday, Crafty Confessions' Tuesday Confessional Link Party,

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

  1. Neat project. Pinned to share with my daughter who teaches elementary art:) New follow and like on facebook. Like back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/handkerchief-party-bunting.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome and clever idea. I would like to thank you for joining the Pin It Monday Hop Pinterest Party. Please come by sometime(if your time permits) and check what other bloggers are sharing. See you. 

    Judy
    Pursuit Of Functional Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Image transfer is always a fun project.. if not a little nerve wracking with its delicate nature. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this tutorial--I've nominated you for a Leibster award for bloggers! Check out my post to read about it! Congrats on your blog! Keep up the great work!-aimee
    http://refresh-renew.blogspot.com/2013/09/wow-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would colors show up on a black painted surface?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably if your image has lighter colors. You may want to test it out first.

      Delete
  6. Is there any way to save a project which has paper that is obviously still there? This was my first attempt and i already put modge podge on it. could i possible sand it off???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll take some work but possible. You can sand it off however if there's a finish (stain, paint, etc) on the wood it might need to be redone. Also depending on what your project looks like you can try this tip. http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/06/transfer-image-to-wood-tutorial-tip.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts