Paleo Cauliflower Lasagna

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.

I started the Paleo Diet a few months ago and surprisingly it's easier to follow than I initially thought. Especially when you find recipes like this!!! Cauliflower Lasagna

First things first. What's the Paleo Diet? Well, it's short for Paleolithic and also know as the Caveman Diet. Basically your diet consists of meats/fish, veggies and fruits {portions should be served in that order; largest to smallest}. The two rules I try to follow are:

1. If it comes in a box or package, usually you shouldn't eat it. {Cereals, chips, frozen dinners, etc}
2. NO dairy, processed oils, refined sugars and salts, grains, or legumes. This includes peanuts, kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans and black eyed peas. {Haha Mom and Dad! All those years forcing me to eat beans. Now I don't have to. Shucks!} Potatoes and corn are a no-no too. {I have a hard time cutting out these two.}

So, yes, the diet can seem a little challenging when you start off or you're traveling. {Trust me, I still crave bread!} But then I stumbled onto Ciarra's Popular Paleo website. She has so many delicious recipes ESPECIALLY her Cauliflower Lasagna. We tried it for the first time the other night and I don't think we'll ever try another recipe.


She made her "noodles" from mashed cauliflower!
 And this bolognese sauce is to die for!
Head over to Popular Paleo to check out this recipe and more! Trust me, your body will thank you for it!

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***
Savvy Southern Style 

Comments

  1. I make paleo lasagna with zucchini strips as "noodles."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kirby, great idea! I'll have to try that next time. The sauce in this recipe though... it's to die for!

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds good. I will give it a try. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up at The Weekly Creative!! We'd love for you to come over to our newest link party: at The Inspiration Network: DELISH- a desserts only link party. Bring your desserts and let's party!!
    http://theinspiration-network.com/delish-dessert-link-party-no-1/

    Smiles,
    Melanie and Diana
    The Inspiration Network

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts