Creepy Candy Corn Candlesticks from Upcycled Bottles

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.
Upcycle your wine bottles to make some Creepy Candy Corn Candlesticks!!! Below are instructions to make your own.

Materials:
3 Bottles
Orange Spray paint
Yellow Spray paint
White Spray paint
3 candles

Start by spray painting your 3 bottles with the white spray paint {sorry no pic for this step}. Concentrate mostly on spraying the top of your bottles. There's no need to completely coat the bottoms since you'll be covering those with the yellow and orange spray paint.

Once the white coat has completely dried wrap newspaper around the top covering about 1/3 of the top. I used jagged edges to give it a creepy feel. Spray paint with your orange.
Try not to soak the newspaper too much. Do a few light coats rather than one heavy coat. The newspaper will start to get too wet and the print will transfer to the white paint it's covering. Remove the newspaper once dry.
Now do this step again except wrap 2/3 of the bottle and spray with yellow.
Once it's dry remove the newspaper.
You're almost ready. Grab a few candles. {I'd like to find some creepy black candles.}
Find a home for these Creepy Candy Corn Candlesticks {say that three times} and light em' up!

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts