DIY Birthday Reminders

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.

With my family growing over the last few years; step family, married into a family, the hubby's step family... there's lots of dates to keep track of now. I found this project over at I Heart Nap Time and thought it would be a great idea. It was on my to-do list to add to our house but for Christmas I thought I'd make it for my mom. She also has a growing family. Hopefully it helps!

Materials:
Board
White Paint
Dark Stain
Sandpaper
Drawer Knob
Tags
Ribbon or String
I started off with a board I purchased from Michael's. The hole was already drilled. I lightly painted over the board with some white paint. Once dry I sanded down the edges and wiped off the dust with a damp cloth. I brushed a dark stain over the board and quickly wiped off the excess with a rag.
This is the same process I used for my window treatment last summer. Once the stain dried I traced on my letters.
I painted in the letters but you could also use a paint marker if you think it's easier. I added the drawer knob which worked perfectly.
I purchased these Square Kraft Tags {the string is provided}. I rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper and then stained the edges with a Tea Distress Ink Pad.
For the letters on the tags, I set up a template in a word document and printed out the template. I taped the tags to the template and then sent the page back through the printer. Do a Google search for "printing on post its" if you need more info.
Now my mom's set! The next birthday/anniversary is up front and she just rotates them to the back of the pile as we go through the year.

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts