Big news AND diy space-saving tips!!!

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.

What's the big news? Well, good news is The Hubby started a new job and he LOVES it. The bad news.... we've had to pack up and move for this job. Actually, that's not really the bad news. The bad side of this move means a major hold has been placed on my projects, mainly furniture as I won't have access to all my tools. :(

We're searching for a place to live but most likely we'll be renting a little apartment. Again, not really suitable for furniture making. So I apologize for skimping on the posts the last few weeks during our transition.

For now I'll be searching for space saving ways to decorate our new place. With spring and warm weather upon us I thought I'd start with decorating the patio. Below are a few ideas that would work well for apartment living


GARDENING
Here's a great way to save space AND money! A shoe organizer to plant a ton of herbs.
Instructables ~ Shoe Organizer turned Vertical Garden
Maybe even move the garden indoors? Check out a few fruits and veggies to grown indoors.
Greatest ~ Best Plants Grown Indoors
ACTIVITIES
An affordable way to enjoy a movie date AND be outdoors? Yes please! Here's how to create a movie night at home!
The Taylor House ~ Outdoor Movie Night
I'm sure a few adult beverages will be needed while outside. Here are a few great space-saving "bars" for outside.
Remodelista ~ Favorite Outdoor Bars
A game for the kiddos? Maybe even for the adults? Here's an easy way to get everyone outside having fun.
Women Living Well ~ Outdoor Lawn Twister
DECORATIONS
You all know I love chalkboards. While this might not necessarily be space-saving, it's adorable!
Eleanor Olander This is Me ~ Outdoor Chalkboard
 Of course I'll need to take along my Stump Table. It's small and cute!
DIY Vintage Chic ~ Stump Side Table
So our big fire pit obviously isn't going to work well on an apartment patio. One or two of these might be a few good alternatives.
Curbly ~ Rock Bowl Flame
LIGHTS
Here's a great way to add some plants and some mood lighting to the patio.
Erin Ever After ~ DIY Succulent Chandelier
And finally, a quick fix for lighting around the patio.
In My Own Style ~ Outdoor Tuna Can Lanterns
Stay tuned for more space-saving ideas!

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts