DIY Backdrop for Photos

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!
I've definitely been in need of a great backdrop for my crochet projects. And even for some of my smaller projects. So I decided to create my own backdrop. Now I'll be able to move these panels anywhere in the house that has great lighting {even if there's ugly blue carpet showing!}

Below are the items I used however this will vary depending on the size you want your backdrop. I created 2 panels and they measure at 22"x24"
        - (8) ½x6x24 inch boards
        - (4) ½x2x24 inch boards
        - (32) ¾ inch screws
        - White paint
        - Stain
        - Sandpaper
        - Minwax Paste Finishing Wax

I followed the same steps I used to create the shelf for my No Sew Curtains. Lightly brush your white paint on the 8 six inch boards.
Once the paint has dried, sand around the edges and corners. The more you sand down the edges the more of a vintage-look you'll get on your boards.
Align 4 of your eight inch boards to create the first panel and clamp one of your two inch boards to them. Drill holes along the 2 inch board. I drilled 2 holes per board.
I think for my next board I'd like to create one that's more seamless, maybe use biscuits or dowels so I don't have the 2 inch boards on the back. THEN I could use both sides of the panels and have two different backdrops!!! ....but for now, go ahead and screw in your ¾ inches screws.
Do the same with a 2 inch board on the other side as well as following the above steps again to create the 2nd panel.
And here are your two panels. You could leave them at this stage and just have a whitewash look.
I wanted something a little darker so I stained over the panel and quickly wiped away the excess.
Your edges and corners should have a nice worn look to them now.
Once the stain has dried, use the finishing wax or any other kind of seal of your choosing.
Your backdrop is now ready.
I thought I'd show off a few of my latest crochet projects while I have you here.
You can purchase these items in my Etsy shop. Baby's Special Occasion Layered Dress and Animal Hats.

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts