DIY Valentine's Day Wine Cork Hot Plates ~ FAIL

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

Create a few wine cork hot plates for the Valentine's Day dinner you're planning to cook for your sweetie! ..... well, that's how this post originally started. Unfortunately, I didn't think this one through. :( Below are the steps I took, with notes as to where I went wrong, and hopefully these tips will help lead to a better outcome when creating your own hot plates. ***UPDATE ~ check out how I fixed things here
This is a quick simple project that only requires a hot glue gun {don't use hot glue! Try using super glue!}, a few wine corks and a few designs (hearts, X and O).
I used my stained red wine corks to fill in the heart template and then started gluing them together.
Once completed I tied a ribbon and twine around the outside.
I had a few wine corks leftover... ok, I literally have bags of corks waiting for the next project.... so I made an X and O too.
And they were ready to go!
Start planning that dinner for your sweetie!
And then I used them.... and I realized when hot glue reheated... it melts. Therefore ruining my hot plates. {Try super glue!}
Check out these other Valentine DIY projects
52 Reasons I Love You

Valentine's Wreath

Vintage Wine Crate Coffee Table - Valentine's Day Decor
And see my other FAILED projects. :(
Natural Penny Stain Tutorial

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts