Bang Bang Shrimp Cauliflower Pizza ~ Paleo-Friendly

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!
Again, I've been playing around with some healthy recipes {check out my Zoodle "Pasta" Salad} and this one by far is one of my favorite! I've combined 4 recipes in order to make it happen and it was well worth the effort!



Please check out the links I've provide for the full recipes and directions. These folks deserve some credit too! And as always, feel free to swap out what you don't like. My toppings include shrimp {obviously}, bacon, feta {remove to make Paleo} and green peppers.

* I've placed a shopping list at the bottom of this post so you're able to easily make a list of ALL the ingredients. Please click on the links to follow the directions for each recipe though.

Ingredients:
     ~ Cauliflower Pizza Crust ~ Follow Michelle's instructions over on The Lucky Penny Blog. I've used this recipe several times now and the hubby always raves about the crust. I personally have never added the yeast {mainly because I never have it on hand} but Michelle mentions it's ok to leave out.

     ~ BulletProof Mayo ~ This year we started following Dave Asprey's Bulletproof Diet. Fairly similar to the Paleo diet with the focus on eating more healthy fats. Butter in your coffee anyone? Don't judge, it's delicious. Anyway, we purchased Dave's book which includes several recipes one of them being a mayo. I used this as a replacement in a couple of places simply because I prefer not to use the store bought kind. If you don't have Dave's book {you should} simply use a homemade recipe. It will be better for you and doesn't take long, I promise.

     ~ Bang Bang Shrimp ~ I followed Lauren's recipe over at the Wicked Spatula to create the Bang Bang Sauce and Shrimp. Seriously, I had a hard time saving shrimp to put on the pizza. Luckily there were leftovers for the hubby and I but they didn't last long. Trust me, if you like Sriracha and shrimp, you're going to LOVE this. {Note: I replaced the mayo with my Bulletproof Mayo}

     ~ White "Sauce"~ I found this recipe over on Health years ago and have always loved the sauce. It's easy to make with just a few ingredients. I also replaced the mayo in this recipe with the Bulletproof Mayo.

     ~ 4 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
     ~ 1 Green Peppers
     ~ 1/2-1 cup Feta cheese
     ~ 1 Onion diced
     ~ EVOO

Directions:
1. Create The Lucky Penny Blog's Cauliflower Crust Pizza first.

2. While the crust is baking, cook and crumble bacon, dice green peppers and onions. {Create Bulletproof Mayo or homemade mayo if replacing}

3. In a saucepan, heat EVOO, add onions and green peppers, cook until soft. Add bacon, stir and remove from heat. Set aside.

4. Follow recipe for the Sauce on Health's website. {Replace the mayo if desired} Set aside.

5. Now follow Lauren's instructions for creating the Bang Bang Sauce. Again I replaced the mayo in her sauce with Bulletproof mayo. She also provides directions for cooking the shrimp. Set aside.

6. Once the crust is thoroughly cooked {you don't want it soggy} spread the Sauce mixture on top of the pizza. Place the crust back in the oven for about 5 minutes.

7. Place bacon crumbles, green peppers and onions evening on the pizza. Now add the Bang Bang Shrimp and top with feta cheese. Return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes depending on how much the toppings have cooled.

8. DEVOUR IT!

*Shopping List:
     ~  1 medium sized head of cauliflower
     ~ 1/4 tsp kosher salt
     ~ 1/2 tsp dried basil
     ~ 1 tsp dried oregano
     ~ 1/2 tsp garlic powder
     ~ crushed red peppers {optional}
     ~ 2 tbsp almond meal
     ~ 1 tbsp nutritional yeast {optional}
     ~ 2 tbsp EVOO
     ~ 1 egg
     ~ 1/3 + 1/2 cup mayo {homemade preferred}
     ~ 2 tbsp Sriracha
     ~ 3.5 tbsp white wine vinegar
     ~ 3 cloves garlic
     ~ 1/2 tsp minced ginger
     ~ 1 1/2 tbsp honey
     ~ 1/8 tsp cayenne
     ~ 1 tsp chili flakes
     ~ pinch of salt
     ~ 1 lb shrimp, peeled
     ~ 2 tbsp tapioca starch
     ~ 1/3 cup coconut oil, for frying
     ~  2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
     ~ 4 slices bacon
     ~ 1 green pepper
     ~ 1 small onion
     ~ 1/2-1 cup feta


Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts