New Embroidery Technique ~ Needle Painting Part 1

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

I recently stumbled on a great site for learning new techniques, Domestika. Think MasterClass or Udemy but for the craft world. They have a huge variety of courses and even some geared towards running a small business. 

Realistic Embroidery Techniques with Emillie Ferres was a course that caught my eye. In this course, Emillie teaches needle painting of a Monarch butterfly. Essentially using your needle to "paint" on the thread to create a very realistic image. The course comes with a materials list, pattern, several other helpful attachments and of course a number of videos to help guide you through creating your own butterfly.

 I was a little excited to get started so I missed the chance to snap a photo of my sketched pattern and just the border but bit by bit I started to fill in the outline and the black shading. Stay tuned for more colors!






Thanks for stopping by!

Becca

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts