Crochet Pumpkin Decor

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

Fall is here! Pumpkin EVERYTHING! 

Just kidding, but a few pumpkins are needed around the house so I grabbed some yarn and got to work.
I battled with a few patterns I found online but ultimately ended up making my own. I adjusted the hook size to affect the size of the pumpkin. Otherwise, just follow the pattern written. 

Crochet Pumpkin Pattern

Materials:
Scrap yarn, color of your chose
Stuffing
US G 4.0 mm and 7 4.5 mm (these were the 2 sizes I used)
Stitch marker
Cinnamon stick
Large needle

Pattern:
Make magic ring 
Round 1: 8 sc into ring (8 sts)
Round 2: 2 sc in each stitch around (16 sts)
Round 3: *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, repeat from * around (24 st)
Round 4: * sc in next 2 st, 2 sc in next st, repeat from * around (32 st)
Round 5: * sc in next 3 st, 2 sc in next st, repeat from * around (40 st)
Round 6: * sc in next 4 st, 2 sc in next st, repeat from * around (48 st)
Round 7: * sc in next 5 st, 2 sc in next st, repeat from * around (56 st)
Round 8-16: sc around (56 sc)
Round 17: *sc in next 5, sc 2 tog, repeat from * around (48 st)
Round 18: *sc in next 4, sc 2 tog, repeat from * around (40 st)
Round 19: *sc in next 3, sc 2 tog, repeat from * around (32 st)
Round 20: *sc in next 2, sc 2 tog, repeat from * around (24 st)
Round 21: *sc in next st, sc 2 tog, repeat from * around (16 st)
Round 22: sc 2 tog around (8 st)
Fasten off with a long tail for creating the lines of the pumpkin.

Stuff the pumpkin. Thread yarn onto the needle and wrap the yarn over and through the middle of the pumpkin into 8 equal sections. Knot the yarn as needed to hold the shape. With 8 equal sections, knot yarn, cut and took end into the pumpkin. Stick the cinnamon stick into the middle hole of the pumpkin. Use hot glue if needed. 

Supervisor #2 had to inspect the work this time. She approves!

Check out an option in my Etsy Shop for everything pumpkin!
Or contact me directly for this cute fall bag.

And just for giggles I made a knitted pumpkin as well. The pattern can be found over at Mama in a Stitch


Thanks for stopping by!

Becca

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts