Mother Nature everywhere!

Spring is here.... well, it's officially been here for several weeks but just recently it seems every time I turn around there's some animal sneaking up on me or flowers blooming. Very exciting! I have to remember to keep my camera with me at all times. Unfortunately some of these were taken with the camera on my phone and are a little fuzzy. :(

Mamas everywhere!

It's hard to see but there's a mama cardinal hiding in the bush. Her eyes and beak are barely visible. She has 3 little eggs. Being that this is St. Louis, it seemed only fitting to name the babies after our favorite Cardinals players: Molina, Holliday and Berkman. Go Cards!





Mama deer outside my office window. There are 3 or 4 of them living back there.











This mama bunny once again set up camp in the middle of my backyard, just like last fall. Sad story is I went out to cut the lawn not knowing they were there. Don't worry, I didn't get them with the lawnmower but I do think I stepped on one of them. He didn't make it. :( But there were 3 more running about and they all seem fine. I just hope they find their way back to their hole and their mama. I laid some carrots out yesterday for them as a treat. =)











I ignored my rose bush last fall and was a little worried about the results I would have this spring. But it seems very happy. Lots of roses in bloom!










I don't exactly have a green thumb and I'm terrible about remembering flower names. If you know what these are feel free to chime in. I just enjoy watching their blooms spiral out.














I love the water drop in the middle of the flower. Ummm.... maybe this will be a painting to add to my to-do list.










Found this guy on our back porch. I love the fact that the "eyes" (4 total) are actually holes. My S.O. stuck his foot in the photo so you could tell just how big this moth was... a good 5-6 inches.










Found this guy at Lowe's while we were looking at pavers for the patio. It seems like a oxymoron to say it was a beautiful moth. They're usually so blah and ugly. But it's a beautiful, bright green and while it's hard to see, the edges are all lined in pink.









A sunset at the ballpark after a day of storms. If April showers bring May flowers, what do May showers bring???

Comments

Popular Posts