I found this on Lowes website. A free cute project but make sure you have a free day to work on it.
You can find the tools need, supplies and instructions
here. Below are my photos of the process.
 |
| My supplies |
 |
Drilling holes in 2 of the saucers took the longest amount of time.
Go slow! |
 |
Cut my dowel rods to size. At the same time I started step #4 and cut my poplar to size.
When drilling your holes into the ends of the rods MAKE SURE you are drilling straight.
I did not pay attention to this too much and had to go back and redo some work! :/ |
 |
| Wrapping the twine. What a sticky mess! |
 |
Find the center of your cut poplar and drill a hole. Then squeeze some glue on it
and line it up with the hole of you biggest saucer |
 |
| Thread your screw through |
 |
Now place a little glue to your washer and place it on the end of your dowel.
I also placed a little glue on the saucer. |
 |
| Tighten the screw into the dowel.... but not too tight! |
 |
Using your pliers, screw the dowel screw halfway into the top of the rod.
If I did this again I would move this step up a few. I think it would be easier
to screw the dowel screw in while the dowels not attached. |
 |
Thread the 2nd saucer through the dowel screw, add a washer and tighten the 2nd dowel.
Now you can see why it's so important to drill the holes correctly into your dowels.
I had to disassemble and redo some work after this. |
 |
Finally, glue your smallest saucer on top
 |
| Add some leftover twine to your small pots |
 |
Once the weather warms up, fill your pots with flowers or make it an herb garden. |
|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pin It
I found this on Lowes website. A free cute project but make sure you have a free day to work on it.
You can find the tools need, supplies and instructions
here. Below are my photos of the process.
 |
| My supplies |
 |
Drilling holes in 2 of the saucers took the longest amount of time.
Go slow! |
 |
Cut my dowel rods to size. At the same time I started step #4 and cut my poplar to size.
When drilling your holes into the ends of the rods MAKE SURE you are drilling straight.
I did not pay attention to this too much and had to go back and redo some work! :/ |
 |
| Wrapping the twine. What a sticky mess! |
 |
Find the center of your cut poplar and drill a hole. Then squeeze some glue on it
and line it up with the hole of you biggest saucer |
 |
| Thread your screw through |
 |
Now place a little glue to your washer and place it on the end of your dowel.
I also placed a little glue on the saucer. |
 |
| Tighten the screw into the dowel.... but not too tight! |
 |
Using your pliers, screw the dowel screw halfway into the top of the rod.
If I did this again I would move this step up a few. I think it would be easier
to screw the dowel screw in while the dowels not attached. |
 |
Thread the 2nd saucer through the dowel screw, add a washer and tighten the 2nd dowel.
Now you can see why it's so important to drill the holes correctly into your dowels.
I had to disassemble and redo some work after this. |
 |
Finally, glue your smallest saucer on top
 |
| Add some leftover twine to your small pots |
 |
Once the weather warms up, fill your pots with flowers or make it an herb garden. |
|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pin It
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!