Custom Address Book with pockets

With Jason headed to Basic Training I wanted to be sure he had all his contact's info; addresses, phone numbers, Birthday's, etc. But I also wanted to make it adjustable so he didn't have to take a huge notebook for just a dozen contacts. So I came up with this idea based on my 52 Reasons I Love You blog.
First, I designed a template. I created this one in Adobe Illustrator
but you could easily make one in Word or Excel
I then went through and cropped all the pages down
I had extra book rings and a few 3x5 dividers left over from
other projects. And a few months ago I scored this alphabet stamp
on clearance that ended up working perfectly!
Stamping away!

I went punched holes in all the cards and dividers.
I also added a cover page and a back page in a thicker stock
(manilla folder) to protect the address book a little better.
I wanted to add pockets to the covers so he
has a place to put stamps. So I created a
template from the leftover folder.
Score the side and bottom flaps and use double sided tape
to stick them to the covers.
Don't forget to punch holes
And you have your very own address book!

 * Unfortunately when he reported in we were told that personal items would be confiscated and trashed. So I ended up coming home with a few items he wanted to take including his puzzle piece from our matching key ring. He decided to take just one of his favorite cards from the 52 Reasons I Love You. Hopefully he'll be able to sneak that one by. :/

Comments

Popular Posts