Custom Coasters

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.

Tired of the same ol' coasters.... maybe you don't even have coasters... time to make your own!
Materials:
4x4 Tiles - $.33 each!
Felt Pads
Optional:
Rubber Stamps
Waterproof Ink
Waterproof Pens/Markers
Polyurethane
Disregard the ink in this picture. I didn't realize it wasn't
waterproof

Here's the ink you want.
While my pens may say "Waterproof" I'm
guessing I should have been more specific
and found Polyurethane-proof pens :/

Stick the felt pads on the back just so they don't scratch your furniture.
You can be done with the coasters at this point if you
want to be, otherwise.....
Get busy stamping!!!
I tried a variety just to see what worked best.
Wait for your ink to dry before adding color
Don't worry about the stamps or color being perfect.
They'll look aged
A close up {sorry for the glare}

Coat them with some Polyurethane and you're good to go. {It seemed only a few colors didn't like the Polyurethane and bled a little. However some colors were fine}
They've joined my Vintage Wine Crate Coffee Table now. They're right at home in the cork center where they can dry off. All this talk about coasters has made me thirsty for an ice cold adult beverage! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg


***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts