Wedding DIY Crafts

Whew! I know it's been forever since I wrote my last blog. Sorry if you felt ignored but it's been a busy few months. Jason came home after 7 months of being away for the Army so we spent some time catching up. Then we needed to plan for the wedding and if that wasn't enough we decided to redo a bathroom (pics coming soon!).

Now we're easing back into a normal routine which means... CRAFT TIME! Just in time for Christmas too. But in the meantime I thought I'd share some of my wedding crafts with everyone. Enjoy!

My Hubby and I walking along the beach in Jamaica
We had a party in our hometown for those that couldn't make it to Jamaica. I didn't manage to get a picture but since this my theme was vintage travel I bought a storage box from Michael's (it looks like vintage luggage) and used it as my card holder.
Our Gift Table
I bought a plain frame from Michael's and wood-burned our names and the date into the frame. Once I receive my pics I'll swap out the "Please sign our Guest Book" for a pic of us.

I did cheat on a few things (I was running out of time). I had totally planned to make my own Guest Book but it just didn't happen. I found a coupon from Shutterfly for a free book so I took advantage of it.


We had our party at my friends Wine House. In order for her staff to determine who our guest were (so they could get their free wine) I made these Salt Dough tokens.
1 cup Salt
2 cups Flour
1 cup Water
Roll dough to 1/4" thick, stamp with rubber stamp
and bake at 350 degree

For entertainment I also created these fun little cards for people to fill out while they were sitting around chatting.




Moving on to the wedding. I created our Program Bags.

Obviously a program was included but we also decided instead of a Unity Candle or Sand Ceremony that we would have a Stone Blessing. So a card describing the Blessing was also included in the bag along with a stone.


I also took a stab at creating a seashell bouquet. It was cute but HEAVY.

Jason and I decided we would keep our wedding gifts to each other small so I created a Grooms Survival Kit for him.

And in return, he put spiders in my dress. Supposedly finding a spider in your wedding dress is good luck.
You can see some of the spiders in my slip. You can also see my something
blue. I sewed "Nov 4th 2012" into my slip with blue thread.

Check out my Message in a Bottle invites I previously posted.

Message me if you have any questions about the crafts I created. Unfortunately with my packed schedule it didn't allow much time for snapping photos every step of the way. And now it's time to get back to some art projects!

Thanks for stopping by!
Becca

Linking up with:
WOW Us Wednesday with Savvy Southern Style,  Pinching Penny Party with The Thrift Home, Salt Tree's Open Call Tuesday, I Should Be Mopping the Floor's Mop It Up Mondays, Craft-O-Maniac's Craft-O-Maniac Mondays, Common Ground's The Marketplace, Knick of Time Interior's Knick of Time Tuesday, Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Crafty Confession's Tuesday Confessional Link Party, Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday, Craft Spice's Wordless Wednesday, Primp Junktion's Primp Your Stuff, I Should Be Mopping the Floor's Mop It Up Monday,

Comments

  1. LOVE this idea. Pinned it! Following you via linky now. Follow me to at www.sewsweetvinatge.com I posted
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/11/reversible-holiday-note-board.html to maniac mon party:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts