Valentine's Day Wreath ~ X's and O's

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

How do you make a Valentine's Day wreath for just a couple of bucks.
Here's how... save a couple of cereal boxes, grab some ribbon and a cheap picture frame. I picked up my frame for $2 at Goodwill!
Materials:
Cereal box
Frame
Ribbon
Spray paint (red, pink, white... whatever your preference)
Spray glue
Glitter
Hot glue gun

Unfortunately I lost some of my spray paint pics throughout this process. One missing is spray painting your frame. I went with white. I hope everyone can figure out how to spray paint without a picture though. :)

Next create your X and O in a size that fits within the frame. You can easily create this in Word. Trace around your letters onto the cereal boxes {twice for each letter}. I created my template with tabs. I wanted the letters to look 3D.
Cut up the side of the box and lay the cereal
box flats.
I then cut out each letter. Fold the tabs back
Place your cut-outs back to back and use masking tape to hold them together.
I went on to add tape to the surface of all the letters so the texture was the same throughout.
Here's were a few more pics are missing. :( Once your letters are all taped up spray paint them. I went with hot pink. Once dry I also opted to use some spray glue and sprinkle some glitter onto the letters.

Next grab some ribbon and cute off a few pieces {3-4 inches}. Attach to the back of your letters and then to the backside of the frame.
Using more ribbon, tie a bow through your frame and you're ready to hang it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Becca

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. Hi Becca! cute project and love that you used cereal boxes for your letters, great up cycle!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I do think your blog could possibly be having internet browser compatibility
    issues. When I look at your website in Safari,
    it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with
    a quick heads up! Aside from that, fantastic site!


    My blog post ... Las Vegas Whirlpool Repair

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts