DIY Valentine Centerpiece ~ Upcycled Coffee Filter Flowers Tutorial

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!
Get your table ready for Valentine's Day with these white coffee filter roses.
Materials:
Coffee Filters, twigs, twine, hot glue gun, mason jar and red pebbles
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Fold filter in half
2. Fold in half again
3. Fold in half one more time
4. Use a total of 8-10 filters for each flower
5. Trim an arc along the top of 4-5 of the folded filters
6. With the remaining filters trim even more off the top creating 2 different sized "petals"
7. Unfold the filters once and you should have a heart shape
8. Cut the filters into quarters
9. Run hot glue along the center of the smaller petals {hearts}
10. Place the twig in the center and fold over the petal
11. Roll the petal around the twig
12. The first few petals should be rolled tight to create the center of the rose
13. Continue to add more petals
14. The smaller petals should all be rolled fairly tight to the twig
15. The petal rolls don't have to be perfect!
16. The small petals should create a good start to the rose
17. Now add all the larger petals
18. Make sure the filters at the base of the rose is very tight against the twig
19. Attached the twine with a dot of hot glue gun
20. Wrap the twine around the base of the rose and part of the twig, cut and secure with another dab of hot glue.

Repeat, repeat, repeat!
The bouquets are ready!!!  I'm ready for Valentine's Day!
I reused my Christmas Centerpiece box and added in a piece of burlap.
Check out the Table Runner I added to the centerpiece!

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

  1. Very cute! Love it. If I had more time, I would love to make this. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts