DIY Upcycled Coffee Table

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!


A while back I created my Vintage Wine Crate Coffee Table and it was a hit! But it all started with this small issue.....

One of the legs was a little loose on the old coffee table. When I finished up the Crate Coffee Table to replace it I of course couldn't throw the table away. I quickly informed hubby that I would fix the leg and upcycle the table....
 ....ah... well... *cough, cough*.... 3 years later, I finally got around to fixing the leg. A quick fix, just needed a few screws to attach the leg back to the coffee table
Quickly followed by the worst job ever, SANDING. Luckily I knew the direction I was headed in with this table so I didn't have to completely sand the table down to bare wood.
Just enough sanding for all the surface area to have a little grit. A little something for the paint to cling to.
 I covered the table with a matte black paint
 Once dry, I sanded all the edges and then wiped off with a damp towel.
 I covered all the bare wood on the edges with Golden Oak stain
And finally painted on a glossy finish for some extra shine.
I wasn't a fan of the wicker in the middle so I covered the middle by wrapping some foam board with fabric and placing on top.
 And now we have yet another coffee table... :)





Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Popular Posts