A Refresh... for the blog and life

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page or Follow me on Twitter!


What a busy half a year it's been! I've been working my little fingers off on some new embroidered tote bags. These are available for sale in my Etsy shop. Portions of each sale will go to charity... but maybe I should back up and start with what I've been up to the last few months...

Back in December, the hubby and I finally bought a new house! You may remember our previous home we were flipping and all the remodel projects: the kitchen, the master bath, another bathroom... we did it all. Before and After photos will be coming soon! But we're loving the new house! And with a fence added to the backyard, our furbabies are loving it too. 

A much needed break was in store so we headed to Breckenridge for our annual trip. It was brutally cold this year but we hit the slopes everyday and rewarded ourselves with a nice couples message.  
This spring brought some not-so-pleasant events. My Mom fought a hard fight against cancer for almost 5 years but eventually, cancer won. We lost her on May 2nd and I'm still figuring out life without a mom. She encouraged me for as long as I can remember to pursue various crafts and hobbies. Always interested in my latest projects. It's been tough but we all know she's at peace now. 



I decided to bury myself in a few projects and eventually came up with these designs for a cancer line in my Etsy shop. Customers have the option to customize and select the color of their choice. 


My mom's charities of choice include the hospice facility she stayed in, Eveyln's House as well as The Humane Society. I've chosen to donate a portion of each sale to these charities in here honor. 

I'll stop crying now and move on to what's coming up next! I decided the blog needed a little bit of revamping. The old logos were almost 10 years old and needed some refreshing up. I also recently signed up for a course on Realistic Embroidery Techniques. I'm super excited about this course and what new ideas I can come up with. We're still in the middle of unpacking and situating things in the new house but I'm hoping to have a workshop back soon and add more of my furniture and woodworking pieces back into the shop. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Becca

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts