Embroidery on Wood ~ Another New Technique

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

You may remember my last post, I had taken a course through Domestika and learned Needle Painting. I'm still working on a project of my own to further this skill but went again and took another course, Embroidery on Wood, taugh by Sara Pastrana.
 I'm super excited about this course, combining my newest skill, embroidery with one of my long time loves, wood working. She provides a template to practice on and there's definitely a learning curve. We started with some outline stitches: back stitch, stem stitch, couching stitch and chain stitch.  
And moved along to some other stitches including: fly stitch, chain stitch and raised leaf stitch.
I think my newest favorite stitch is the turkey stitch. Seems like a fun one given the right pattern. The woven oval stitch was also great practice. 
And lastly we ended by combining these various stitches to create some flowers and leaves. 


Next step is to practice with another template she provides of a moth with floral designs. I'll post more soon but already gathering ideas and patterns for my own designs!

Thanks for stopping by!

Becca

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts