Needle Painting ~ Blue Butterfly

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

A couple of months ago I posted about a new technique I was working on, Needle Painting. As I was working on the Monarch Butterfly I stumbled across an image of a blue butterfly. Since I lost my mom blue butterflies have become a little bit of a thing for me. So I immediately got to work on the next needle painting. 
Same as the Monarch project, I started with the outline and body.
And then continued to work through the various sections of the butterfly's wings. 
Typically butterflies are very symmetrical however I discovered some are asymmetrical. 
The image I was working off of happened to be asymmetrical.  
Lots of different shades of blue on this guy. I think I pulled out about a dozen different threads to match the picture. 
I thought some flower elements surrounding the butter would bring out the blue shades
This helped me practice various "painting" techniques with the thread. 
And of course, practice with the different shading. 
I have discovered in the past several months that everyone is interested in the back of the work. I've looked at the back of my grandma's work and it looks like the front! So please don't judge me on the mess back here. 
I found a frame and cut the fabric down. Now it's ready to hang on the wall of my office. Almost like my mom will be watching over me. 








Thanks for stopping by!

Becca

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts