Beginner’s Guide to Paper Embroidery ~ Straight Stitch ~ Part 5
Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Instagram!
Don't underestimate the power of the simplest stitch in
embroidery! The straight stitch is the foundation of all hand sewing, and when
it comes to paper crafting, it's the ultimate tool for creating quick
starbursts, crisp geometric lines, and tiny accent leaves.
In this final video of our 5-part series, I'll show you how
to execute a clean straight stitch, share the secret to keeping the back of
your handmade cards neat, and show you how to vary your thread thickness for
completely different styles.
Grab the printable practice template and daisy patterns in my Etsy shop: Embroidery Pattern for Paper
Inside this guide:
- Step-by-step straight
stitch video demonstration
- Creative ways to use
straight stitches (stars, rays, and textures)
- How to manage your thread
on the back of the card to prevent bulk
- Wrap-up of all 5 basic
embroidery stitches for paper crafting
Catch Up On The Series
Missed a post or want to refresh your memory? You can catch up on the full beginner's series here:
Becca
***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***
Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Instagram!
Don't underestimate the power of the simplest stitch in
embroidery! The straight stitch is the foundation of all hand sewing, and when
it comes to paper crafting, it's the ultimate tool for creating quick
starbursts, crisp geometric lines, and tiny accent leaves.
In this final video of our 5-part series, I'll show you how
to execute a clean straight stitch, share the secret to keeping the back of
your handmade cards neat, and show you how to vary your thread thickness for
completely different styles.
Grab the printable practice template and daisy patterns in my Etsy shop: Embroidery Pattern for Paper
Inside this guide:
- Step-by-step straight
stitch video demonstration
- Creative ways to use
straight stitches (stars, rays, and textures)
- How to manage your thread
on the back of the card to prevent bulk
- Wrap-up of all 5 basic
embroidery stitches for paper crafting
Catch Up On The Series
Missed a post or want to refresh your memory? You can catch up on the full beginner's series here:
Becca
***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!